Friday, February 21, 2014

Is This The End?

Well our social media class is coming to an end.  I sit here wondering how I can put the whole experience into words, but tears keep welling up inside of my eyes.  I just can't believe it's already over.  What am I going to do with myself?!  I have no idea how I will fill up my time.

Just kidding, i'll probably just go buy one of these:

And then I'll probably lay around eating these:


But in reality, I probably won't do either right now because my internet is so extremely slow that I wouldn't be able to enjoy any of the awesome things that I would want to do online with a Playstation 4.  

So maybe I'll still get the Funyuns, but check out my internet speed:

Basically at this speed it takes like 7 hours to load a GIF.  It's completely unacceptable.

The real reason i'm talking about my internet speed is because I want to talk about my internet provider and why their company needs to seriously work on their image if they're going to keep getting away with this.

The company that provides my internet is called beeline digital and this is their website:
The first thing you notice at the top is a low quality image of a guy with his disfigured hand in his mouth.  It looks like clip-art that you might find on a computer from 1992.  Next, you see that big chunk of scribbled colored lines covering up half the text under question 9?  That's just the way it is, the site looks like total crap.  I've seen under developed children create higher quality web sites.  On the upside, I pay only 28 dollars a month.  The downside is, the internet is randomly fast and most often extremely slow.  They only have two employees, and I think one died like 3 months ago... so we're just left to fend for ourselves.  I don't even think I can cancel the recurring monthly payments.  I don't even know if they have a phone number to call!!!

What are my suggestions?

-Pay a guy from India $10 bucks an hour to create a website that doesn't look like it was created by a Nigerian scam artist.

-Figure out how to give me a reliable connection higher than .48 Mbps

-Stop making me angry!

Think about it, the best way to mess with someone's life these days is to give them a crappy internet connection.  Yeah sure, most companies now are too big to fail, but sorry beeline digital... you have 1 employee left, he lives at sunshine terrace and probably suffers from dementia.  

Long story short, I'm sitting here waiting for the mail man to bring me some kind of special internet offer.  I've seen the people stringing up the fiber-optic lines down 600 south, I know I'm going to have options pretty soon.  What is my current internet provider doing to stay competitive?  Nothing that I'm aware of.

I am almost positive that some day in my life time, internet will be free for everyone.  It's going to be like trying to charge for radio... well I guess that's actually gaining traction, but you see my point.  High speed internet is going to be blasting all over the planet soon, and these crazy little companies need to put together a game plan if they want to survive.


Well that's all the required posts for the class.  I have cried all the tears I can cry, but it's time to say goodbye.  After looking at all the blogs, this blog and Tom Goldhardt's blog are definitely the best blogs in the class, and possibly the best in the history of bloggerdom.  Extra Credit PLEASE!

Here is a song that sums up my feelings about my social media class ending:



And while drying your tears, listen to the techno version.








2 comments:

  1. Haha thanks for the shoutout and you need a new provider bro! How long did it take you to upload this post? 3 days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yea one time I was doing a speed test and my ping said 800ms and my speed was like .09 Mbps. Didn't get a screenshot though. I want Google fiber!!!!

    ReplyDelete