Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Introduction Post #1

Hello everyone!  I'm blogging!

My name is Kraig, and I am a senior majoring in business marketing.  I have lived in Oregon, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Minnesota, North Dakota, and this past summer my wife and I purchased a sweet little house on the western edge of Logan also known as Youngward.  We chose this spot because we hate living in town, we don't like subdivisions, and we want to be as reclusive as possible!  (and I don't have enough money for an underground bunker...yet.)
We're living the dream, and we even have the white picket fence I always hear people talking about. (below)  LOOK AT THAT VIEW!!!
Wow, I never realized how green my grass was!  That might be because we have our own artesian well.  If you don't know what that is, it's basically our own private spring that shoots fresh water out of the ground into our house.  It comes out of the ground at around 12 psi so I don't even need to have a water pump.

Now it's winter, and look how awesome my back yard is! (below) The field is my neighbors but they moved away so it's basically MINE!  I might just start extending our fence back and slowly take over the land.
I heat the house with a wood stove. So we stay pretty warm in here.

I get my wood from the land fill for 5 dollar a cord and I cut it up with my chainsaw. Below is my Husqvarna Chainsaw, Fiskers axe, and my good ol' Chicago Electric chain sharpener from Harbor Freight Tools.  My chainsaw table is a mess!

So that's basically what's going on in my life right now.  I have a lot of other random things to write about but I'll save those for my next posts!

-Kraig


2 comments:

  1. What a great life! I love it, and I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete